We are looking for Administrative Professionals to work in the San Diego area. Requires a high school diploma. An office administrative certificate or an associate degree is preferred. Experience organizing files, retrieving documents, both physically and electronically and maintaining employer’s records in a complete and orderly manner, according to the organization’s filing systems and requirements is essential to success.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Scan or read incoming materials to determine how and where they should be classified.
- Input data, such as file numbers, new or updated information, or document information codes into computer systems to support document and information retrieval.
- Perform general office activities, such as typing, answering telephones, operating office machines, processing mail, or securing confidential materials.
- Manage calendars and make travel arrangements as requested.
- Sort or classify information according to guidelines, such as content, purpose, user criteria, or chronological, alphabetical, or numerical order.
- Keep records of materials filed or removed, using logbooks or computers and generate computerized reports.
- Create new reports and records as necessary and add materials to current files.
- Gather materials to be filed from departments or employees.
- Retrieve and make copies of information in response to requests and deliver information to authorized users.
- Track materials removed from files to ensure that borrowed files are returned.
- Eliminate outdated or unnecessary materials, destroying them or transferring them to inactive storage, according to file maintenance guidelines or legal requirements.
- Perform periodic inspections of materials/files to ensure correct placement, legibility, proper storage conditions.
- Modify or improve filing/storage systems or implement new systems.
- Design forms related to filing/storage systems.
Skills may include but not limited to:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent calendar management and organizational skills
- Effectively multi-task, manage time sensitive documents in a fast-paced environment
- Thrives in a busy, team-oriented environment
- Office administration experience is a must