We are looking for Barbacks to work in the San Diego area. High School Diploma is required. You must be friendly and efficient to serve patrons, be able to provide clients with an outstanding experience, work well in a team and have excellent customer service skills. Additionally, we want individuals that are observant, work with other staff members to ensure prompt, seamless service. The Bar Back will assist in cleaning the bar, preparing garnishes, ensuring the bar is well stocked with napkins, straws, glassware, garnishes, and all other necessities, and taking on other duties to support the Bartender and ensure that the bar operates smoothly. You should be knowledgeable, attentive, and focused on providing the best possible service in a fast-paced environment. Ability to meet physical and scheduling demands of the position, walking, standing, lifting heavy items for extended periods, working nights, weekends, and holidays.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with opening and closing duties, such restocking the bar with garnishes, straws, and napkins, ensuring that Bartenders have clean towels, glassware, etc.
- Ensuring bar is well-stocked with ice, liquor, wine, and beer.
- Checking taps and appliances to confirm that they are working properly, making minor repairs, or changing out kegs, if needed.
- Keeping the bar clean by wiping down surfaces, sweeping and mopping, removing soiled glassware, scrubbing coolers and storage areas, and emptying trash receptacles.
- Learning about menu items and memorizing cocktail recipes.
- Taking orders, preparing drinks, bussing tables, opening tabs, and processing payments especially during peak hours.
- Speaking to customers, answering questions, handling complaints.
- Maintain records and report levels of usage to assist in reordering process and ensuring that delivered items are stored properly.
- Strictly adhering to food, sanitary, and safety standards.
Skills may include but not limited to:
- Minimum age to serve alcohol.
- Courteous, friendly personality and professional appearance.
- Knowledge of menu items, including beers, wines, cocktails, and liquors.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Strong problem solving, communication, and interpersonal skills, ability to handle tense situations with coworkers and customers calmly and rationally.
- Observant and thorough.
- Responsible, punctual.