Behavioral Health Certified Nursing AssistantFull Time
Behavioral Health Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Provides direct patient care services to the participants under the direction and supervision of a nursing staff member, as assigned by the Program Director.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Assists other staff in carrying out program assignments.
- Performs and records routine technical tasks such as vital signs (temperature, blood pressure, pulse, and respiratory rate), collection of specimens, intake and output and mass.
- Works in conjunction with other staff in relation to participant care, as assigned by the nursing staff.
- Assist with admission, transfer, and/or discharge of patients, by transporting, lifting, and positioning patients while following necessary safety precautions.
- Reinforces selected patient teaching initiated by Registered Nurse.
- Assist in maintaining patient and unit area in a clean and orderly manner.
- Considers the special needs and behaviors of specific patient age groups.
- Is responsible for order and cleanliness of the program areas and equipment.
- Carry out assigned task as deemed necessary by the Activity Director.
- Performs home visits and assists with ADLs, transfers, companionship, etc.
- Assists as companion to medical appointments, pharmacy, etc.
- Provides personal care, such a toileting, bathing, eating, transferring, dressing, or grooming under the supervision of the nurse and the Activity Director.
- Assist the Activities Director in carrying out the activity program.
- Assist other center staff in meal and snack serving. Performs meals counts as assigned by Day Center Manager.
- Cleans-up and organizes program areas, including the cleaning of equipment.
- Interact with patients and family.
- Transport patients and equipment as needed.
- Keeps a record of care given.
- Monitor’s patients and report any variances to normal to the nurse for further assessment.
- Follows infectious disease precautions to prevent the spread of organisms.
- Attends and actively participates in the in-take and assessment process as needed.
- Attends center staff meetings and in-service educational training programs.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Nurse’s Assistant California State Certification.
- Current CPR Certification/Card.
- Valid Driver License.
- An interest and desire to work with the target population served by the center.
- Required –At least one year experience working with the frail elderly population.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Physical clearance for reaching, bending, stooping, crouching, kneeling, and grasping; have full range of motion; ability to lift 50 lbs.; need to lift and transfer participants; T.B. clearance; must maintain current First Aid and CPR; fingerprint clearance.