We are looking for a Legal Bookkeeper to work in the San Diego area. Requires a high school diploma. An associate degree in bookkeeping/accounting is desirable. Experience as a full charge bookkeeper, in accounting, law firm billing and QuickBooks software as well as experience in a law or other professional service firm environment is a plus.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Perform all bookkeeping functions
- Performs all client billing functions and other accounts receivable functions
- Pay vendor bills and manage accounts payable.
- Perform all data entry of cash receipts and client costs in billing and accounting systems.
- Perform all data entry of cash receipts and disbursements for the IOLTA trust account in the accounting systems.
- Process credit card transactions.
- Reconcile bank statements.
- Work up and make bank deposits for the operating and IOLTA accounts.
- Handle payroll.
- Handle Insurance
- Provide all required financial reports to the firm owner on a monthly basis.
- Coordination with the firm’s accountants.
- Management and oversight of the billing and accounting systems.
Skills may include but not limited to:
- Experience in a law firm billing or other professional service firm is desirable.
- Must possess strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Professional appearance and manner.
- Proficient with QuickBooks, Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to effectively multi-task, manage time sensitive documents and have exceptional organizational skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to function effectively in a busy, team oriented environment.