Call Center LeadFull Time
Call Center Lead
The Call Center Lead is responsible for providing quality and efficient customer service to customers through the daily management of a team of employees to include, motivating, recognizing, and rewarding, coaching, counseling, training, and problem solving. Additionally, the position is responsible for assisting the Call Center Supervisor with development, analyses and implementation of staffing, coaching, scheduling, and reward/recognition programs. The Call Center Lead is responsible for keeping the agents informed of what is happening in the center and anything that may have an impact on the agents.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Prepares and distributes reports for management to review as requested.
- Works closely with clinic personnel to ensure smooth patient and information flow.
- Maintains Call Center operational procedures and workflow.
- Provides assistance, guidance, and direction to staff and patients by answering daily questions and encouraging self-directed research to meet department goals.
- Promotes and encourages a positive team atmosphere through interactive communication and motivation.
- Audits and monitors employee functions to ensure the quality and timeliness of processes.
- Assist in care and maintains of department equipment and supplies.
- Answers telephones to provide routine information to staff and patients.
- Responsible for on-the job coaching for all Call Processing Representatives and reports individual progress and identifies additional training needed.
- Responsible for implementing new guides and techniques, as well as evaluating existing technique to ensure department training is efficient.
- Provide assistance, support and/or peer coaching to team members to aid in building their skills and ability to meet call center expectations, as well as provides corrective and/or positive performance feedback as applicable.
- Assist Operations staff by answering or following up on specific questions on clinic services.
- Make sound decisions and demonstrate the ability to handle stressful, sensitive and/or challenging situations appropriately.
- Maintain workstation in safe condition for self and others. This may include but not limited to adjusting workstations for proper chair height and alignment.
- Responsible for maintaining and answering the Provider Hotline as well as keeping an up-to-date log of all call’s handles.
- Cross trained in all call center management responsibilities and other duties as assigned.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safety, environmental and infection control standards
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops.
- Attends meetings as required and participates on committees as directed to resolve issues and provide updates to the team.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Provides backup to the manager, as necessary.
Education Required (Minimum level of education):
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- CA driver’s license with appropriate insurance coverage
Experience Required (Minimum level of experience):
- 2 years as Call Processing Center Representative
- Preferred: 2 years in medical setting.
Verbal and Written Skills Required to perform the Job:
- Bilingual (English and Spanish). Good written and verbal communication.
Working Traits: Superb organizational ability and exceptionally analytical.
Technical Knowledge and Skills Required to Perform the Job:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows OS, MS-Office, telephone devices and voice mail. Must have the ability to type 40WPM. Experience with Nextgen and Dentrix, ShoreTel strongly preferred.
Equipment Used: Personal Computer
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Prolonged periods of sitting, keyboarding, and use of computer mouse. Push/pull up to 10 lbs. Normal business hours, evenings, and weekends.