Call Center Trainer
The Call Processing Representative/Trainer is a dual position which includes, Call Center Representative functions and the development and delivery of training programs to increase knowledge and develop skills and abilities of the Call Processing Department employees. This will include training programs such as New Employee Onboarding, Customer Service. Duties will include needs assessments, strategic planning, developing training plans, creating training schedules, designing materials and curriculum, conducting training for staff in classroom, online, and/or blended learning and other training methodologies. The Trainer will also assist with promoting the Core Values in the organization. Must be capable of working with people of various skill levels, personalities and expectations and must be continuously tactful and encouraging.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Provide assistance in call processing representative duties and responsibilities and assist with several project the call center is managing and involved in.
- Designs and creates course content and curriculum, training plans, audio/visual aids, test criteria, handouts, learning aids and evaluation/measurement tools; ensures the effectiveness of all related training materials, including procedures, manuals, handouts, etc. based on identified training needs.
- Deliver, present, and facilitate best-in-class training sessions to improve individual and/or department performance.
- Builds library of content, including, but not limited to, multimedia visual aids, eLearning, webinars, and just-in time-training.
- Provides hands-on instruction in classroom and clinical environments.
- Maintain internal training web site and develop the training request process.
- Works both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Reacts to training adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Represents organization in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Maintain direct communication with Call Center Manager, Supervisors and Leads.
- Provides appropriate technical training to new and existing Call Processing Representatives with technical updates and guidance to maintain quality measures to standards.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality.
- assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards,
- Attends meetings as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Prioritize workload to maintain effective time management daily.
Education Required (Minimum level of education):
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required. Post High School Vocational or AA Degree preferred.
- Certification/Licenses: CA Driver’s License required.
Experience: TWO years of Call Processing Representative Experience required or equivalent.
Verbal and Written Skills Required to Perform the Job:
- Bilingual (Spanish English) required; must have good handwriting and excellent oral and written communication skills, both technical and business focused, required.
Technical Knowledge and Skills Required to Perform the Job:
- Must have the ability to prioritize work and have verbal ability to give accurate and tactful explanation. Must be knowledgeable with Microsoft applications.
- Multi-extension phones: computers and other general office equipment required.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- May be required to lift approximately 25 lbs. Prolonged periods of sitting. Frequent standing and walking. May be required to work evenings and/or weekends including working at different sites.