Call Processing Representative
This position will work in a fast-paced call center and is responsible for scheduling, rescheduling, and cancelling appointments for all clinics by working directly with members over the phone, this position will be responsible for greeting callers in a friendly and courteous manner that demonstrates a high level of commitment to our mission, Complete registration information and answering questions while educating callers about available services. The Call Center utilizes a team approach and works cooperatively to ensure that all calls are answered in a timely manner and demonstrate the highest level of service, compassion, empathy and dignity to all patients and customers.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Demonstrates Knowledge and understanding of services and programs, to answer questions and direct calls appropriately.
- Review, collect and update patient demographics and take appropriate actions to update changes identified.
- Efficiently and actively provides excellent customer service by properly greeting, listening, assisting, directing, and closing each call. Performs appointment scheduling, rescheduling, canceling, and confirming.
- Understands, recognizes, and effectively handles unique medical issues, urgent services and patient grievances and follows established protocols to resolve problems or determines escalation to supervisor.
- Log in and be ready to receive or make calls as directed by schedule as wells as utilizing break codes appropriately as defined by the call management system.
- Provide quality, efficient telephone customer service to internal and external customers and route calls to appropriate department for continued assistance, as necessary.
- Adheres to current productivity and quality assurance requirements for the department.
- Clearly and effectively communicates with patient/staff via call or electronic message. Take complete messages that are detailed, concise, spelled accurately and utilize correct medical terminology.
- Understands and applies company policies regarding the proper use of the computer, telephone, and other company equipment to complete daily tasks.
- Adheres to department’s attendance and punctuality policies and practices.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in maintenance of department equipment and supplies.
- Follows established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops.
- Attends meetings as required and participates on committees as directed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Education Required (Minimum level of education):
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
Preferred: Relevant medical certification or licensure.
Experience Required (Minimum level of experience):
- Required: 1 year of healthcare experience.
- Required: 1 year of call center or telephone operator/receptionist experience
Verbal and Written Skills Required to perform the Job:
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Languages preferred; Spanish/English/Vietnamese.
Technical Knowledge and Skills Required to Perform the Job:
Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows OS, MS-Office, telephone devices and voice mail. Must have the ability to type 40WPM. Experience with Nextgen and Dentrix strongly preferred.
Equipment Used: PC systems and peripherals, multi-key telephone devices, centralized telephone console and other office equipment as applicable.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Prolonged periods of sitting, keyboarding, and use of computer mouse. Push/pull up to 10 lbs. Normal business hours, evenings, and weekends.