We are looking for Catering Staff to work in the San Diego area. High School Diploma is required. Hospitality-related kitchen or front-of-the-house experience and a current food handler’s card is preferred. You must be able to provide clients with an outstanding experience, work well in a team, be observant, and ensure prompt, seamless service. Prior work experience in restaurants, hotels, resorts, settings is a plus. You should be knowledgeable, attentive, and focused on providing the best possible service in a fast-paced environment. Ability to meet physical and scheduling demands of the position, walking, standing, lifting heavy items for extended periods, working nights, weekends, and holidays.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Assists the kitchen and service staff as needed to maintain the highest level of food quality, presentation, and timing to optimize guests dining experience.
- Sets up and breaks down chairs, tables, and buffet.
- Sets up the front line with the equipment, plate-ware, and small-wares needed to effectively serve all food products.
- Loads and unloads plates, silverware, and other service equipment.
- Serves courses, clears dishware, and ensure that guests dining needs are taken care of.
- Keeps serving stations restocked throughout the event.
- Cleans large and small trays and tray stands to be ready for service.
- Maintains guest tables and serving stations according to client specifications and procedures.
- Assists other catering staff as needed to optimize the guests’ dining experience.
- Accomplishes all job duties while adhering to all safety guidelines and practices throughout the shift.
- Reports any unsafe condition, unsafe act, accidents and/or injuries to the manager on duty.
- Correctly completes closing duties at the end of each event.
- Highly organized with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Work under the instructions of an Event Manager.
- Setup equipment, table setting, décor, checking equipment inventory listings, and other duties as directed.
- Attend to the many needs of clients and customers, this requires physical stamina and high energy levels.
Skills may include but not limited to:
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Diligence and attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a friendly demeanor.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Physical stamina and high energy levels.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to perform under stress.
- Excellent multitasking ability.
- Conflict management skill.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong task and time management abilities.
- Ability to stand, walk & bend or extended periods, and lift to 25 lbs.
- Courteous, friendly personality and professional appearance.
- Strong problem solving, communication, and interpersonal skills, ability to handle tense situations with coworkers and customers calmly and rationally.
- Observant and thorough.
- Responsible, punctual.