We are looking for Chefs to work in the San Diego area. High School Diploma is required, Certificate, associate degree or bachelor’s degree in culinary arts or related field is preferred. You must be able to provide clients with an outstanding experience, work well in a team be observant, and ensure prompt, seamless service. Experience preparing, cooking food, and can supervise other culinary professionals in the kitchen. Priori work experience in restaurants, hotels, resorts, private residences, and a variety of other food-service settings is a plus. You should be knowledgeable, attentive, and focused on providing the best possible service in a fast-paced environment. Ability to meet physical and scheduling demands of the position, walking, standing, lifting heavy items for extended periods, working nights, weekends, and holidays.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Menu Planning. Creativity for distinct menu creations and come up with new recipes.
- Create seasonal menus, combine foods into meal offerings and help in setting prices that provide good profit opportunities for the business.
- Kitchen Maintenance. Proper cleaning and sanitation are required in kitchens to ensure the restaurant meets OSHA requirements upon inspection.
- Arrange the kitchen, sets cleaning procedures and trains kitchen staff on properly following procedures.
- Inventory Management. Monitor inventories and ordering when necessary.
- Staff Supervision. Oversee the work of other cooks who help prepare the food.
- Hiring kitchen staff, training new employees, and motivating staff to prepare food effectively and efficiently are common requirements in this role.
- Be effective in a fast-paced environment and stay on top of the entire food preparation operation.
- Customer Interaction. Listen to feedback on the dining experience, menu, and food.
- Spend time out on the restaurant floor conversing directly with patrons.
- Strictly adhering to food, sanitary, and safety standards.
Skills may include but not limited to:
- Experience running a kitchen in a restaurant or other eating establishment.
- Knowledge of select ingredients and develop recipes for the menu.
- Order kitchen supplies and food maintain inventory and check food and other ingredients for freshness and taste.
- Hire, train and oversee the kitchen staff to ensure food is prepared properly.
- Ensure kitchen is sanitized and the staff follows safety and sanitary procedures that are compliant with local, state, and federal regulations established for food preparation and cleanliness in commercial kitchens.
- Chefs use sharp utensils, work close to heating elements, and may have to work on slippery surfaces.
- Most kitchens are tight-knit quarters, so the staff must be able to function as a cohesive group.
- Work irregular hours, such as early mornings or late evenings to accommodate clients and food vendors.
- Running a kitchen often requires working long shifts to keep it running smoothly and safely.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong task and time management abilities.
- Ability to stand, walk & bend or extended periods, and lift to 25 lbs.
- Courteous, friendly personality and professional appearance.
- Strong problem solving, communication, and interpersonal skills, ability to handle tense situations with coworkers and customers calmly and rationally.
- Observant and thorough.
- Responsible, punctual.