We are looking for a Computer Engineer to work in the San Diego area. A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field. Current Certifications are a plus. Experience in specialty environments is desirable such as, robotics, virtual reality, artificial intelligence, mobile apps and operating systems.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
Design, test, implement and maintain computer software and hardware systems. Ensure that both the physical hardware components and software programming components work together smoothly. Will conduct research on software and computer hardware.
- Designing and testing computer hardware components, such as processors, circuit boards, memory devices and routers.
- Writing and testing software for mobile devices and computers.
- Designing, setting up and testing networks.
- Managing operating systems.
- Designing and testing robots.
- Creating programming to support a range of products, from aircraft components to surgical technology.
Skills may include but are not limited to:
- Analytical: A computer engineer’s job entails identifying a problem, developing a solution, implementing the solution and troubleshooting the result. This requires a detail-oriented and meticulous analysis of each task they complete.
- Time management: Computer engineers often juggle several projects or multiple aspects of one large project. An engineer should be able to prioritize tasks, make and adhere to deadlines and create timelines for work completion.
- Communication: Computer engineers work with clients, managers, teammates, marketing departments and technicians. Clear and open communication will ensure the engineer understands the client’s expectations and that the client understands the engineer’s plan. A mutual understanding of expectations will ease a project to a satisfactory conclusion. Computer engineers should also be able to use nontechnical terms when communicating with those unfamiliar with the industry.
- Teamwork: Computer engineers collaborate on teams with designers, testers, systems experts, security experts, researchers, salespeople and marketing employees who work together to launch a product. Software engineers must be able to delegate, accept responsibilities and share ideas with all team members.