We are looking for Cooks to work in the San Diego area. High School Diploma is required, Certificate, associate degree or bachelor’s degree in culinary arts or related field is preferred. You must be able to provide clients with an outstanding experience, work well in a team be observant, and ensure prompt, seamless service. Experience with hot and cold food meal preparation by weighing, measuring, and mixing ingredients, cooking meals, checking ingredients for freshness, and arranging and garnishing the dishes. Knowledge of the requirements to maintain and ensure that the kitchen and equipment are thoroughly cleaned and maintained. Prior work experience in restaurants, hotels, resorts, private residences, and a variety of other food-service settings is a plus. You should be knowledgeable, attentive, and focused on providing the best possible service in a fast-paced environment. Ability to meet physical and scheduling demands of the position, walking, standing, lifting heavy items for extended periods, working nights, weekends, and holidays.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Prepare awesome meals for clients and customers.
- Weigh, measure, mix and prep ingredients according to recipes.
- Steam, grill, boil, bake or fry meats, fish, vegetables, and other ingredients.
- Check food and ingredients for freshness.
- Arrange and garnish dishes.
- Work well under pressure and within the time limit.
- Ensure that kitchen area, equipment and utensils are cleaned.
- Help lead and inspire our kitchen staff with the restaurant manager.
- Wow our guests with amazing dishes.
- Strictly adhering to food, sanitary, and safety standards.
Skills may include but not limited to:
- Prior experience in related food and beverage service and food preparation positions.
- Thorough experience with hot and cold food preparation.
- Good working knowledge of accepted sanitation standards and health codes.
- Ability to use slicers, mixers, grinders, food processors, etc.
- Able to handle work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ensure kitchen is sanitized and the staff follows safety and sanitary procedures that are compliant with local, state, and federal regulations established for food preparation and cleanliness in commercial kitchens.
- Chefs use sharp utensils, work close to heating elements, and may have to work on slippery surfaces.
- Most kitchens are tight-knit quarters, so the staff must be able to function as a cohesive group.
- Work irregular hours, such as early mornings or late evenings to accommodate clients and food vendors.
- Running a kitchen often requires working long shifts to keep it running smoothly and safely.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong task and time management abilities.
- Ability to stand, walk & bend or extended periods, and lift to 25 lbs.
- Courteous, friendly personality and professional appearance.
- Strong problem solving, communication, and interpersonal skills, ability to handle tense situations with coworkers and customers calmly and rationally.
- Observant and thorough.
- Responsible, punctual.