Hosts & Ushers
Hosts & Ushers
We are looking for Hosts & Ushers to work in the San Diego area. High School Diploma is required. Hospitality-related experience, work at events such as parades, festivals or trade shows and conferences are a plus.The hosts & usher role is an important point of contact during large events and individuals who are customer-focused and friendly tend to excel. Assisting guests in making their way through the venue and to ensure a safe and orderly experience for all visitors is part of this role. You must be able to provide clients with an outstanding experience, work well in a team, be observant, and ensure prompt, seamless service. You should be knowledgeable, attentive, and focused on providing the best possible service in a fast-paced environment. Ability to meet physical and scheduling demands of the position, walking, standing, lifting heavy items for extended periods, working nights, weekends, and holidays.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Provide that welcoming first impression for guests.
- Collect admission tickets from guests upon arrival and distribute paperwork or information pertaining to the scheduled events
- Examine tickets or passes to determine authenticity by validating the names and dates listed
- Escort visitors to their designated seats and inform them of the nearest exits and restrooms
- Ensure a safe environment by maintaining clear aisles and reporting suspicious behavior to security
- Provide special assistance to guests with needs such as individuals with wheelchairs or other disabilities
- Collect disregarded for forgotten items after the event and store in lost and found for guests to retrieve
- Illuminate walkways once an event has started and assist guests with entering and exiting in darkened spaces
- Greet arriving guests and answer any questions they have regarding showtimes, events or parking
- Ensure that the area around the door stays presentable.
- Highly organized with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Work under the instructions of a Manager.
- Setup equipment, table setting, décor, checking equipment inventory listings, and other duties as directed.
- Attend to the many needs of clients and customers, this requires physical stamina and high energy levels.
Skills may include but not limited to:
- Interest in hospitality, entertainment, performing arts, or related field.
- Able to answer questions about the event.
- Knowledgeable about the venue as well as seating arrangements and exits.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Diligence and attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a friendly demeanor.
- Excellent verbal communication.
- Physical stamina and high energy levels.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to perform under stress.
- Excellent multitasking ability.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong task and time management abilities.
- Ability to stand, walk & bend or extended periods, and lift to 25 lbs.
- Courteous, friendly personality and professional appearance.
- Strong problem solving, communication, and interpersonal skills, ability to handle tense situations with coworkers and customers calmly and rationally.
- Responsible, punctual.