We are looking for a Lawyer/Attorney to work in the San Diego area. Seeking Bar certified professionals, experienced in advising and representing clients in criminal and civil court proceedings, legal matters and is qualified to interpret laws, regulations, and rulings. Experience advising clients on their legal rights or obligations and have extensive knowledge to counsel them on the best way to proceed according to their legal circumstances. Experience specializing in a certain area of law such as criminal law, defense, prosecution, tax, or environmental law is desirable.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Monitor legal risk in documentation and giving guidance on the acceptable assumption of risk.
- Interpret laws, rulings and regulations for natural and juristic persons.
- Conduct legal research and gather evidence.
- Ensure that appropriate approvals are in place before documents are executed.
- Explain the law and give legal advice.
- Offer legal representation at arbitration or mediation hearings.
- Draft, review and manage wills, trusts, estates, contracts and deeds.
- Manage regulatory and compliance related services.
- Facilitate innovative solutions to client problems.
- Offer legal representation to clients in court proceedings on civil or criminal matters.
- Manage and oversee paralegals and legal assistants.
- Prepare pleadings, notices and make appearances in court.
- Over see Legal Assistants and Paralegals.
Skills may include but not limited to:
- Admitted Attorney of at least two years standing.
- Experience in drafting, negotiating and reviewing legal documents.
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and research skills.
- Natural leader who displays sound judgment and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and public speaking skills.