Marriage and Family Therapist
Under the direction of the Program Manager, the Family Therapist provides clinic and school based behavioral health services to children, adolescents, and their families.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Screens new referrals. Ensures that all required documentation is completed and in order prior to scheduled Behavioral Health Assessments. Completes Behavioral Health Assessments, Client Plans, Progress Notes and Discharge Summaries in a timely manner. Requests additional sessions when needed via Utilization Monitoring process. Completes Discharge Summaries.
- Provides culturally appropriate evidence-based individual, family and group psychotherapy with children, adolescents, and their families, utilizing a brief treatment model. Provides home visits, crisis intervention and collateral sessions.
- Complies with County of San Diego Health and Human Services Agency Quality Improvement Documentation requirements in documentation of services rendered via the electronic medical record.
- Coordination and collaboration of services with Case Managers, Substance Abuse Counselor, Psychiatrist, Primary Care Providers, School staff, Therapeutic Behavioral Services, Families Forward, etc.
- Manages individual cases and refers, when appropriate, to other ancillary medical departments or community agencies.
- Provides school based EPSDT/MHSA behavioral health services, collaboration with designated school sites.
- Meets productivity standard on a monthly basis.
- Provides follow-up phone calls and case management on an on-going basis.
- Provides 24/7 coverage for emergency telephone consultation to patients and families, who receive services through (FSP) Full-Service Partnership program, and are experiencing a mental health emergency, or mental health crisis, after clinic hours.
- Completes and submits required reports and documentation in a timely manner.
- Performs any other job-related duties as needed, assigned and/or as requested.
- Adheres to HIS Department’s policies and best practices, ensuring staff compliance to attendance and punctuality.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains established clinic policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Adheres to all applicable policies, procedures, protocols, and best practices.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills in collaboration with teams to achieve quality, excellence, harmony and problem-solving to obtain stated goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates active listening skills, respect and a positive “Can Do” attitude.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reading literature to keep up-to-date related to healthcare laws and Leadership, attending in-service trainings and workshops to improve upon knowledge and skillset.
- Attends meetings, as required, and participates on committees, as directed.
- Demonstrates professional behavior standard etiquette, courtesy, mutual respect, confidentiality and treats every patient and employee with dignity in every interaction.
- Exhibits a high level of integrity, ethics, transparency, leadership style and trust.
- Promotes and fosters respect for patient privacy by maintaining confidentiality on all patient EHR data and abides by both the HIPAA Privacy and Security rules.
- Exhibits excellent presentation skills, confidently speaks up, follows the appropriate chain of command, and demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintains a clean, safe, and organized work area at all times.
- Demonstrates supportive skills in providing excellent customer service experiences.
- Performs any other job-related duties as needed, assigned, or requested.
Education Required (Minimum level of education):
Required: Master’s Degree in Marriage Family Therapy, Social Work, Psychology, or related field.
(AMFT) Associate Marriage Family Therapist or (ASW) Associate Social Worker
Required: CA driver’s license and private auto liability insurance.
Experience Required (Minimum level of experience):
Preferred: At least 1 year of experience providing behavioral health services to children, adolescents, and their families.
Required: Cultural competence in the provision of behavioral health services to Latino families.
Verbal and Written Skills Required to perform the Job:
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Provides positive customer service skills.
Is an active listener and provides support and guidance to others.
Working Traits: Superb organizational ability and exceptionally analytical.
Technical Knowledge and Skills Required to Perform the Job:
Knowledge of Diagnostic Criteria from DSM-5 and basic computer skills required.
Must type 35 wpm.
Ability to proficiently maneuver through all electronic applications used for job.
Computers, Software systems, Scanner, Telephones, Copy and Fax machines.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
Prolonged, extensive, and considerable Sitting
Good organizational skills and ability to remain focused and concentrate with noise around.
Ability to handle multiple job task functions simultaneously.
Ability to work harmoniously with others as a team member.
May be required to work evenings and/or weekends and provide staffing coverage as needed.