We are looking for a Paralegal/Legal Secretary to work in the San Diego area. Requires a certificate of completion from an ABA-approved paralegal certification program of education and training, or an associate degree in paralegal studies. A bachelors or masters degree in legal studies is preferred. Experience in the preparation of affidavits, legal correspondence, electronic filing systems and assistance in preparing for trial is desirable. Knowledge and experience in preparing contracts, legal documents, wills and various other legal documents is a plus.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Preparing affidavits, legal correspondence and other documents for attorneys.
- Organizing and maintaining documents in a paper or electronic filing system.
- Meeting with clients, attorneys, and other professionals to talk about case details.
- Filing pleadings with court clerk.
- Helping prepare for trial by organizing exhibits and assisting with other tasks as needed.
- Preparing briefs, wills, contracts, real estate closing statements, pleadings, appeals, and other legal documents.
- Investigating facts and laws of cases and searching public records and other resources to prepare cases and determine causes of action.
- Directing and coordinating law office activity, including delivery of subpoenas.
- Gathering and analyzing statutes, decisions, and legal articles, codes, documents and other data.
- Calling on witnesses to testify at hearings.
- Keeping law library up-to-date by monitoring legal volumes.
Skills may include but not limited to:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to effectively multi-task, manage time sensitive documents and have exceptional organizational skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to function effectively in a busy, team oriented environment.
- Office administration experience.