Personal Care Aide PACE
Under the supervision of the PACE RN Supervisor and the day center nursing team, the Personal Care Aide provides support to the CNA team in the delivery of personal care to participants and to participants in need of companionship services to and from medical appointments. Services include participant care activities such as showering, toileting, serving, feeding and other Activities of Daily Living. Position will assist with home delivery of meals and medical supplies. Position may also assist in other areas such as kitchen, primary care, and therapy.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Provides direct personal care to participants as directed or assigned. Duties will include showering, toileting, laundry and feeding assistance and companionship services to and from medical appointments. May include ambulation and transferring assistance.
- Assists other staff in carrying out program assignments.
- Provides support and assistance with meal and snack service.
- Will provide assistance in the kitchen as needed/assigned.
- Will provide assistance in therapy as needed/assigned.
- Assists in maintaining patient areas in a clean and orderly manner. Cleans and organizes program areas including cleaning of equipment and shower areas.
- Assists with home delivery of meals and medical supplies.
- Follows infectious disease precautions to prevent the spread of organism.
- Attends center staff meetings and in-service educational training programs.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicates effectively with participants and co-workers.
- Works effectively in a team setting.
- Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings as needed.
- Adheres to attendance and punctuality policies and practices.
- Follows established PACE and ADHC departmental and position specific policies and procedures and updates as needed.
- Attends meetings as required and participates on committees as directed.
- Maintains health and safety standards at all times and takes an active role in the Safety and Injury in the Workplace Program; maintains all records and documentation as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Must possess the skills necessary to provide care for geriatric patients and must be able to function well in a team environment.
- Only act within the scope of his or her authority to practice.
- Meet a standardized set of competencies for the specific position description established by San Diego PACE and approved by CMS before working independently.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Six (6) months experience as a personal care aide, in a professional or personal care setting. Prefer one year experience with the frail or elderly population.
- Flexibility, initiative, creativity, and excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must complete San Diego PACE approved curriculum for personal care aide.