Join a thriving medical network as a Certified Phlebotomy Tech!
Temp to hire position
Apply now if you have:
- Current California State Phlebotomy License.
- Six months medical laboratory experience as a Certified Phlebotomy Technician. (CPT)
- Bilingual in English & Spanish a plus
- The ability to float between the following locations at the following hours:
Under constant and direct supervision of the Lab Supervisor and the Lab Leads, performs phlebotomy, heel and finger sticks. Operation and preventive maintenance of POC lab equipment. Excellent and effective communication with laboratory customers, problem resolution, supply inventories and record keeping. Primary duties of this position are for the preparation of testing kits for the collection and testing for Corona Novel Virus.
Essential Duties of the Position:
- Demonstrate skills and abilities by following the guidelines in venipuncture, heel and finger stick. Have knowledge and skills in basic collection, specimen preparation accurate labeling, handling, transportation, storage and disposal of specimen according to Lab Procedure Manual.
- Perform Quality control and testing of Point of Care CLIA Waived test according to Lab Procedure Manual.
- Basic computer literacy to meet department needs and duties but not limited to order entry, cancellation, and results tracking.
- Performs other clerical duties in reporting results and distribution in a timely manner.
- Ability to multi task, flexible, ensures accuracy and completeness of work, adaptable to change to meet department and business needs.
- Accountable and requires minimal direction and supervision and maintain good working relationship with employees, coworkers and departments.
- Maintenance and keeping workstation, furnishings, equipment clean, supply inventory up to stock level. Assist in checking daily temperature and recording.
- Possess personal characteristics of professionalism, credible commitment to high standards with excellent communication skills; effectively and clearly communicate verbally and in writing with patients and other customers.
Apply now for immediate consideration!