Software Engineer C++ or Java
Exciting opportunity in the medical technology field!
This opportunity will allow you to work for a global provider of medical and healthcare products. Work with a very successful team of Software Engineers where you will be given a chance to have ownership/responsibility for various features and new product functions!
Must have a good understanding of Linux and OO programming skills with C++ or Java.
Why should you apply here?
– Established in 1985
– Medical product industry
– Product installation base in 3500 sites across 38 countries.
– Profitable company that’s committed to continuous innovation
– Culture of stability mixed with the entrepreneurship of a startup
– Work on-premises
What will you be doing?
– Report to the Software Manager and work in a team of six
– Design and implement software for medical products and components as needed
– Develop the majority of software in Java or C++, server-side development
– Use Linux to automate and assist in customizing the client system
– Work with scripting languages: Python, Shell, Bash, PHP, etc.
– Learning and applying new knowledge and ideas to existing (and new) systems
– Working with a cross-functional team of engineers to:
– Contribute to daily stand-ups, planning meetings, and retrospectives
– Review project requirements and help define acceptance criteria with the team
– Design and implement client solutions, making appropriate use of
software design patterns and best practices
– Help research and resolve client-reported issues
– Estimate tasks to facilitate iterations planning
What skills/experience do you need?
– Bachelor in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent related experience
– Systems script debugging and bringing up hardware under Linux, updates/compiling software/digging into system startup scripts, etc.
– Mid- Sr level experience n Linux or Embedded Linux software development
– Object-oriented software development with Java, C#, C++, etc. for server-side development
– Scripting and/or higher-level scripting languages (BASH, Shell, PHP, Python) for Linux work
– Strong problem-solving skills
What will make your résumé stand out?
– Experience building and configuring Ubuntu-based Linux distributions as well as developing, porting, and integrating Linux device drivers
– Linux High Availability and or disk replication
– Any of the following Linux technologies: Virtualization, Clustering, Network/Kernel Performance Tuning, Enterprise Storage, OpenStack
– TCP/IP Networking experience (switching, routing, Linux network configuration, Power over Ethernet, etc.)
Citizenship: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. Open to providing sponsorship (e.g., H1B). Open to F1 candidates
Careerwise, what’s in it for you?
– Chance to get into the medical product industry
– New product development
– Receive mentorship from a supportive staff
– Take ownership, be challenged, and grow your career
– Opportunity to wear many hats and gain experience in other areas,